FANTASY X- {mplZ} FANTASY X- {mplZ}

Great listen

I love this shit. Would you mind if me and a bud freestyled over it maybe? I'm really feelin this. My only suggestion is that that kick could be louder!

But yeah, keep up the good work.

Mister-Monker responds:

ya man go ahead and do a free up if ur down for it

Get Funky Tonight Get Funky Tonight

really enjoyable

The sounds all work well together, as well as the general feel of the song just gives of this "everythings alright" vibe. Its really nice. My only suggestion is that i feel the sax sound could use a bit of reverb to give it some character.

Syntrus responds:

I may do a remaster with a re-verb sax will you listen to it?

March_To_Eternity [Box-Killa] March_To_Eternity [Box-Killa]

really nice

the louder parts with the snare drum were so epic. as was the rest of the song. i especially loved around 2:31. my suggestion would be, on the louder parts with the snare, to add in ghost notes between snare hits as it builds. I also would suggest doing some things to "humanize" the drums. I dont know what program you use (i use fl, so its kinda easy for me...), but just add slight variation to each snare/bass drum hit in the pattern/clip/whatever. it can be as simple as changing the volume slightly of each hit randomly, or you can also slightly move some/each hit off tempo, just slightly. or both. it may seem silly, but it can really add to a drum track, especially something like this where your trying to make it sound real. Honestly it sounds good enough that you dont really have to go through the hassle, but to make it really pop in a professional sense, you may be surprised at how much humanizing your drums can make something epic, even more so.

Anyways, good job, and keep up the good work.

Box-Killa responds:

eh i cant, because stupid edirol resets every time you exit fl studio, so i would have to go fiddle around and find all the right instruments again. Ehh next time :D Thanks though I know what u mean.

Beats and Broadswords(trapped) Beats and Broadswords(trapped)

nice

The combination of the glitched up drums with the "epic battle" drums is unexpected, and oddly amazing. Thoroughly enjoyable.

The drums could use some cymbols here and there to make them feel more full with the synths though, i think. I feel like some kind of high pitched synth somewhere in there could of also made the parts with consistent drums more interesting imo.

keep it up, and cant wait to hear the next track :]

nubbinownz responds:

Oh man haha i have a terrible relationship with high pitched synths. We don't get along very well. In fact, that whole High frequency range right about there. We're not friends.

(NUB)Super Amen Brothers (NUB)Super Amen Brothers

Interesting.

You have a very interesting style, its like venetian snares one minute, and then im playing my NES... its very interesting and quite enjoyable to say the least. You definitely have what your doing down pretty well.

My only suggestion, is to maybe sometimes try to stray away from the venetian snares-esque drums, maybe add some crazy layers, play around with panning and layering. i think you could do some amazing things with experimenting with new effects, automation techniques, and all that jazz. just suggestions :p

keep doing what you do so well, as well :p

p.s. "these mistakes are forever my own" is also amazing :]

nubbinownz responds:

Hehe normally I do alot of serious layering of the drums, and I'll be honest, I used to love vsnares, but I've grown away from him after seeing him live :(

Fancy Mike - Roygbiv Fancy Mike - Roygbiv

Haha

I clicked this song thinking it was going to be a cover of the boards of canada song aha. But, this is really nice too. Only thing I'd have liked different is maybe changing up the overall tonality of the arpeggios at some point.

good job!

Just Forget It Just Forget It

...

this is epic. don't see anything that could make this better. nuff said

NKAT responds:

are you being sarcastic?
EDIT: All good dude

CsV - Protocube CsV - Protocube

busy...

too busy in my opinion. to many same-y sounds and to many effects. it'd be much better if you made it a little bit less clustered, imo.

CosmoVibe responds:

THANKS FOR DA ZERO!!!!! :D

Just Sick Just Sick

dayum

thats fucking epic. it sounds insanely professional too

AustinBreed responds: